Play Lab is designed as an interactive monthly laboratory for the research of Play Theory. Every lab is designed around a theme, and participants utilize materials to create and explore through the stages of play.
Please take note of our Play Lab guidelines and goals.
Happy New Year! As Kai and I reflect on our research process from 2015, we will be making a few changes in 2016 to strengthen our goals in Play Based Arts Teaching and embodied learning. These new guidelines will create the safest and most nurturing environment possible for Play.
- Parents must sign a waiver/liability form for all participants. It will cover all Play Labs in 2016.
- Parents will need to provide an emergency contact number on the waiver form.
- We ask for one volunteer parent to stay for the duration of the Play Lab. The parent may stay in the studio or in the waiting area. This will allow an adult to be with the children at all times in case of an emergency. * A free Play Lab will be offered to that parent for their help.
- All Parents are welcome to stay in the studio or waiting area during a Play Lab.
- Play Labs will be from 10-Noon (unless indicated otherwise. Participants must arrive by 10:10. This will prevent Priscilla from the need to leave the studio with children unattended. Of course, if we have a parent volunteer available, there is an exception. But, we cannot guarantee that we have a volunteer each Play Lab.
- Due to severe allergies of participants, we will only allow water bottles during the Play Lab.
Kai and I hope that your understanding of these guidelines will support us with our mission at The Institute for Playful Beings and the bodyLITERATE. Our Play Labs were created to further the research and development of play theory and to broaden its application. This is in-line with the bodyLITERATE’s emergence/embodiment explorations. You and your child’s participation and feedback in Play Labs contribute to our ongoing research. If you would like to read more about our research, you can visit www.playfulbeings.com and www.bodyliterate.org. Our one-on-one services for executive functioning coaching in Brooklyn can be found here: thebodyliterate.com
PLEASE PRINT OUT AND FILL IN THE FOLLOWING WAIVER FORM:
Kai and Priscilla